Friday, March 18, 2005

I believe right now if I could

I would swallow you whole (Vega). The bottom of the sea is cruel (Hart Crane). How to survive the Indian Ocean riptide at Semanyak: catch a two meter wave – when it drops you, plant feet immediately and brace for the pull. Be a friend to the undertow. Mind over matter. Show the sea no fear or it will eat you. Catch next wave, plant feet again. Repeat until dumped on the beach. The wetness pattern over these four hours was sweat-sit-sweat-swim in surf (nearly die)- sit-sweat- RAIN soak- sit – sweat in restaurant- soak fresh shirt in the surf of one Tanoh Lot wave while snapping a picture - sit wet in airport bar in shirt that has lived a week in a day, where I conclude this ramble through my initial exposure to Bali.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home