Friday, March 18, 2005

Havin' a Party

But trying was such a thrill. Indonesian food does indeed taste even better when eaten with the fingers. It is more fun to give all of myself in a song and move a crowd to dance than to fear coming in on a bad note, to strive to give all of my ability to just 12 students than to not teach at all. I’ve learned that by chasing down business deals and contracts one can defeat the fear of failure, by playing pool and losing, one of course still slowly learns to win, by reading in taxis one defeats the wasted time in traffic, by taking many pictures I enable a small amount of huge wonder to emerge later, bring my walls to life, and breathe magic from the rest of the country into this place I seek shelter in when I’m stuck in the city. The sea and the jungle can reclaim me here, too. I’m having the time of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home